Pages

Thursday 13 August 2015

Reading Portfolio Sample

Description:
In reading we have been working on Summarizing and Questioning. We had to chose the goal we thought that we most needed to work on. I chose Questioning.
I know that I need to work on Questioning because I need to ask more questions so that I can get deeper in the text.
Lately we have been using charts to labeled Before During & After. We write the before Questions before the story. The during questions during the story and the after questions after the story.

  1. Can’t walk a dog
  2. Can’t take a shower
  3. Can’t tie shoelaces
  4. Can’t use senses
  5. Can’t close curtains
  6. Can’t put earrings in
  7. Can’t smile
  8. Can’t show emotion
  9. Can’t put a sticky paster on
  10. Can’t run a marathon
  11. Can’t swim freestyle
  12. Can’t garden
  13. Can’t prepare a meal
  14. Can’t make a poster
  15. Can’t use a pencil
  16. Can’t do gymnastics
  17. Can’t be a real friend
  18. Can’t create art with a paint brush
  19. Can’t have a bath
  20. Can’t eat a meal
  21. Can’t were clothes
  22. Can’t use a knife
  23. Can’t use its brain
  24. Can’t were shoes
  25. Can’t decorate a room
  26. Can’t run a party
  27. Can’t frown
  28. Can’t fly by itself
  29. Can’t Interview orally
  30. Can’t take written exams
  31. Can’t be a doctor
  32. Can’t be a receptionist
  33. Can’t be an animal
  34. Can’t be a dentist
  35. Can’t feel
  36. Can’t Look
  37. Can’t catch a cold
  38. Can’t get a decease
  39. Can’t cry
  40. Can’t get excited
  41. Can’t sing a tune
  42. Can’t play a flute
  43. Can’t play a trumpet
  44. Can’t play the coronet
  45. Can’t eat a peach
  46. Can’t eat a plum
  47. Can’t write in a book
  48. Can’t sew
  49. Can’t Feed fish
  50. Can’t use hands to drive a car
  51. Can’t wash windows with soap
  52. Can’t play sport
  53. Can’t wash hands
  54. Can’t hang pictures on walls
  55. Can’t paint a house
  56. Can’t use an abacus
  57. Can’t walk down a street
  58. Can’t build a hot tub
  59. Can’t be a mechanic
  60. Can’t lock a lock

Big Idea:
We had to write down as many things as we could think of that a computer CAN’T do.

e.g. A computer can’t eat food etc
Novice -10 things


Expert - 20 things
I learnt that computers can't help us with most things and that some things are better to do independently.




Feedback & Feedforward:
I think that your list is amazing because you went above and beyond the amount we had to do. Next time you should think about more critically about if your reason makes sense. Also you could put your list on a poster so it is more interesting. Ana (Red Fox!)




Evaluation:
I think that I have gotten all of my good ideas out and that they are to high quality .
Next time  I need to slow down and think more pushing the shallow ideas out. Maybe I could do less deep ones. If I had more time I would add to it making the answers deep. I think that in terms of amount I have really strived for excellence


1 comment:

  1. Bella, I love the way that you always go over an above the requirements that we ask of you. Your list is creative and you have obviously given it a lot of thought. Ana's feedback is pretty valuable though as some of those things a computer could actually do (e.g. wash windows with soap, have you been to a carwash?)

    ReplyDelete